Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mountain of Lumpus

Aunt Cyndi had a great idea to hike to Timp Cave and invited us along. Birdy couldn't remember it's name and called it "Mountianoflumpus".

After a trial run with Bear in the baby backpack, we decided to join her. Boy, I'm WAYYY out of shape and it is super-duper steep, but it was totally worth it!
Bear had the easiest trip up the mountain- he slept the whole way!
It wasn't too hot, and there were beautiful fall leaves along the trail and all through the canyon.
Don't we look like a bunch of tough hikers?
Bear had a bottle at the top of the trail just before we went into the cave. I think it qualifies as the craziest place we've ever fed our kids. They also had a pit toilet near the top, too. Birdy used it and happily told everyone "I peed in that hole!".

The kids thought the inside of the cave was so cool. Birdy says "The cave was awesome. We saw cave bacon."
EJ says "Timpanogos cave was great. I liked the formations in the imagination room. There was a big long crocodile I saw."

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You guys do lots of fun things.What a great family adventure!!!

Kate said...

Great pictures. But what is cave bacon?