 |
| Camera phone or just artsy blurred-out person? You be the judge... |
Someone asked what Taco Tuesday is on one of my previous blogs. I know Dad knows what it is because it amuses him a lot... So I when I finally uploaded the pics from the phone on my camera (who am I kidding, DMP figured that one out) I decided to dedicate an entire post to the glory that is Taco Tuesday.
We moved here on a Monday. As we were unpacking someone said "You should do Taco Tuesday tomorrow." The Sister missionaries chimed in and soon everyone was telling us about the yummy, cheap deliciousness that is Taco Tuesday at Rosa's Cafe. So on Tuesday, DMP took a kid or two and went in search of Rosa and her famous tacos. While he was gone, the cable guy showed up. I mentioned something about DMP getting tacos, and he was like "Oh, yeah, it's Taco Tuesday"
Everyone knows about Taco Tuesday. It's a Thing here and it isn't hard to see why. You get 3 good sized tacos (see them in the pic of the girls above) rice and beans for $3.69. DMP and I can only eat two (or sometimes I can only eat one) They heat up well, so every Tuesday, our order is the same - 3 chicken Soft Taco plates. They have an awesome sala bar with every kind of salsa you want (my favorite is the green roasted Tomatillo).
 |
| The only member of the family who won't eat Rosa's Tortillas (or any carb, really). That's fine, we don't cast pearls before swine. Speaking of swine, he does love the refried beans- probably all that lard... |
The best part about Taco Tuesday, though, is the tortillas. You haven't lived until you've had a freshly-made flour tortilla from Rosa's. They are soft, pillowy and flour-y (but in a good way). They give them to you hot and fresh with your order and we typically eat 1-2 each in the car ride just on the way home. They are awesome. If you go into Rosa's to eat, you can watch them make them. There is a person who feeds balls of dough into a machine that smashes it flat and then puts it on a spiral cooker thing an you can watch them puff up like a beach ball (they deflate when they cool) on their way to the conveyor belt that plops them in a container- waiting to be given to some lucky person. The kids (and, lets face it, DMP and I) could watch that thing forever.
So that, my friends, is the story with Taco Tuesday.
2 comments:
Taco Tuesday sounds awesome. And a great deal. Thanks for sharing.
Yummers! What a bargain and a fun thing to look forward to each week.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment