Monday, March 19, 2012

Dear Birdy,

I know it doesn't have her signature curly hair, but it is the most recent, best pic I had uploaded!
Dear Birdy,

Happy Birthday to a fiery, funny and fabulous brand-new 5 year old!  You are such a strong and sweet person and I'm happy you are my girl.  I admire that you are independent, and you know exactly what you want and you go for it- no matter what.  That makes it sometimes hard to be your parent, but I know that it will help you as you grow up.

You constantly surprise me with your sweet nurturing nature. Whether it is taking care of your "kids" (dolls) or the kitten, you love to take care of others. I love that you are always thinking and planning how you are going to be a good Mom someday- just remember that you told me that you will always give your kids whatever they want and never say "no"!

You are such a smarty-pants. I can't wait for all the things you'll learn in kindergarten this year. You are already writing your letters well and doing addition and subtraction. I think you are going to be awesome. 

You are such a sweet, friendly girl. I love that you can make friends everywhere we go. Other kids love you and want to play with you. I hope you remember to be nice to everyone as you get older.  You have such a great imagination. I love listening to you play with your "kids" or barbies, or tell me your "dreams" that you have.

You are still my cuddliest girl- not to big to sit on Mom or Dad's lap and get hugs. I love that about you and I hope you never get to big for "loves" from us!

I love you and I'm glad that you are my kid! Happy Birthday, big girl!

Love,

Mommy

P.S. I know this is one day late, but we just got home from our big San Antonio Sea World vacation, and you and Bear were sick :)

1 comment:

JM said...

Can't believe how tall, pretty and smart she is! Happy Birthday!