I'm so proud of EJ. She wrote this talk on tithing (I just typed it). It is especially special because we had a lot of drama when she earned some money and we reminded her she should pay tithing. She did NOT want to pay it, but we talked about it and she eventually (grudgingly) decided to pay. I was so impressed and surprised at the things she remembered from that discussion.
The Prophets teach us that we should pay tithing. When we pay tithing, the money is used for food, stuff other people can’t purchase so they buy it in the Bishop’s Storehouse. It is also used to Build and take care of Temples and Church buildings.
When you pay tithing you can get many blessings. The scriptures say you get blessings more than you can hold.
Sometimes it is hard to pay tithing when you are saving up for something that you really, really, really want. Not long ago, I wanted to save up for a new pet. I got a lot of money, and my Mom and Dad said I should pay tithing. I didn’t really want to, because I was really looking forward to getting that new pet. My Mom and Dad talked to me and let me have a choice. I chose to pay tithing. It made me think that the blessings that I would get would be better than what I had planned to do with the money.
I’m glad we are allowed to pay tithing and get lots of blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so sweet. Give her a hug from Aunt Tennille, please.
Post a Comment