Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas: Ward Party

I can't possibly share in one blog post how much these people mean to me! I love, love, love our Ward- the Lewisville 1st is amazing (P.S.- In our church our congregations are called "wards").  I have learned so much, made such good friends and have really felt like they are my TX family.  I know these aren't great pics of them, but I *DID* get on a chair and hollered for them to smile and wave, but they were too interested in the FOOD.  We do food really, really well in this ward!
Check out the smoked turkey- so good (and the gravy from a smoked turkey? Awesome) and a couple of sweet potato dishes.
These two ladies are my example for what I want to be like if I'm blessed to make it to my 80's. Jo, on the right, is learning to play piano, and I see her at the gym.  Connie (left) is fantastic and funny and both of them took shooting lessons together and do other things to have fun!
Here is our family. Bear didn't want to be in the picture. We got our festive attire at the Dollar store. Except DMP- he is a humbug.  Also, I know I'm chubby (what!?!? you are all thinking it). I'm working on it :)
Bear was in love with his tie. It has a button you press and it plays "Jingle Bells" in that annoying high-pitched beep.  His hat is his sisters, but I think he is rocking it.
Bear partying with BFF Mikey.  He and the other teens grabbed Bear and I pretty much didn't see him all evening. I'd call that a success!  Also, there is a Dad in our ward who does balloon art, so we got him to do ballons for the party and it was a total success. The kids had a blast, he taught some of the youth how to do it and it was really fun!
The Ward party even included a visit from SANTA!  The kids all got to take turns telling him what they wanted, Our YW designed and painted the backdrop.
We love our ward so much. It is great to party with them and we are so, so blessed that we moved where we did so we can be a part of the amazing LV1!

No comments: