I really, really want a pet octopus. Seriously. They are so cool- they change colors, they can squeeze themselves into tiny spaces, and they are smart. Did you hear about the lab that had a tank of crabs and a tank of octopus' in the same room? The crabs kept disappearing and the lab guys couldn't figure it out. One night they left a camera in the room. One of the octopus' got out and made it's way across the table to the crab tank, got and ate a crab and then went back to it's own tank. Awesome.Saturday, November 13, 2010
My Dream Pet
I squandered my recent "you've-just-had-a-baby-and-you-can-have-whatever-you-ask-for" opportunity. I think I asked for (and got) some food or something lame like that. What I should have asked DMP for is one of my dream pets...
I really, really want a pet octopus. Seriously. They are so cool- they change colors, they can squeeze themselves into tiny spaces, and they are smart. Did you hear about the lab that had a tank of crabs and a tank of octopus' in the same room? The crabs kept disappearing and the lab guys couldn't figure it out. One night they left a camera in the room. One of the octopus' got out and made it's way across the table to the crab tank, got and ate a crab and then went back to it's own tank. Awesome.
I really, really want a pet octopus. Seriously. They are so cool- they change colors, they can squeeze themselves into tiny spaces, and they are smart. Did you hear about the lab that had a tank of crabs and a tank of octopus' in the same room? The crabs kept disappearing and the lab guys couldn't figure it out. One night they left a camera in the room. One of the octopus' got out and made it's way across the table to the crab tank, got and ate a crab and then went back to it's own tank. Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yup! You've been working to hard.
So the other day one of my little gals was sitting at the table when out of the blue she said, "Know what I want to have? An octopus! I want an octopus pet! And I will clean up all of its mess!"
A cuttlefish would be awesome, too.
Don't pick the octopus in your picture. The blue ringed octo is one of the most venomous creatures in the world. I know this 'cause I'm a nerd and full of generally useless trivia.
I love watching them too.
This post reminded me of a cool video I recently saw, which demonstrates some more of the octopus's many talents. You can see it here:http://www.geekologie.com/2010/11/but_who_are_you_really_mimic_o.php
DMP
Post a Comment