Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was fun this year. We met at our house for prayer and visiting before going to the restaurant (Chuck-a-Rama- awful name, yummy food).
Bear had his thanksgiving feast. before we left :) Unfortunately, when we got there, we discovered we had to wait- outside. Grandma stuck with the kids (EJ, Birdy, Cyndi's Sis, and Bear) in the car while the rest of us braved the cold. We came up with creative ways to stay warm, though (Esp. after Cyndi got hot chocolate!). Cyndi's hot hands helped:
When we finally got in everyone set about fulfilling the true meaning of Thanksgiving- eating until we burst. Birdy only ate a bowl of bean soup, some roll with cinnamon honey butter and a little turkey before heading straight to the desserts - 2 bowls of ice cream (strawberry with mini m&ms) rice krispy treat, and bowl of M&M's.
EJ had a more respectable (and balanced) meal including goldfish crackers and a bunch of olives before putting away her own 2 bowls of ice cream and piece of cake.
The food was good, (Scones w/ cinnamon honey butter! Salad Bar! Bread Pudding!) and the diet Coke flowed freely- what more could you ask for?
Afterwards, we went to Cyndi's to digest. Brad introduced me to Angry Birds (Stupid Pigs!!). He and I are playing that and Birdy is decorating cookies. Nice family together time, right? We also played "Would you rather" and visited until Bear had to go home to bed.
In all it was a good Thanksgiving. It was OK that we went to a restaurant because we still had our own little Butterball:
?

2 comments:

CKW said...

I like Butter's monkey feet! Janie used to do that in every picture. By the way, I feel like I have to point out that it was not my own personal hot hands that were helping warm everyone up, but rather the 'hot hands' chemical warmer packets.

Just sayin...

Kate said...

I'm so glad Cyndi clarified that! I was thinking she'd warmed her hands on the hot chocolate and then, I didn't know how she used her hot hands to warm everyone else up. I had no idea. And it also explains why Brad was wearing what I thought were sugar packets on his head.

Sounds like a fun time though!