Sunday, December 16, 2012

Looking a lot like Christmas- inside at least!

Even though our windows were open and outside it was a lovely 75+ degrees, we turned on our Pandora Christmas music, and decorated for the holiday.  It was nice to send the kids to play on the tramp while DMP and I put the tree together!
We took our trip to World Market to pick out ornaments. This is becoming an annual tradition, although next year I'll wait a week or so until they go on sale :)  EJ picked a wooden owl, Birdy picked a mermaid (of course) and Mommy strongly influenced Bear to pick a frog with a springy, wiggly, fun tongue and legs.
The kids had so much fun pulling out and talking about each ornament before they put it on the tree. It is so special and makes this the Christmas tree I've always dreamed about- one that is full of memories!  Even better- it is still looking nice and most ornaments are still in their original place in spite of the 2 yr old and kitten!  Bear still only likes to look at the ornaments while they are still on the branch - he doesn't take them off very often.
For the first year ever, Bear got to put our special angel on the tree. We chose whether she held the star or the wreath democratically (Birdy wanted the wreath, everyone voted for the star...)
We put up our kid nativities. I decided to risk leaving the playmobil one within reach of little fingers and I'm happy to say it is surviving with all pieces intact so far!
Birdy with our festive Christmas mantle. The kid's favorite decorations are the music boxes we have (we have three, and I think most are from Aunt Jeane).  We are ready for Santa!

2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

I pulled out my playmobil nativity and unfortunately it is mostly boxed up again minus the baby Jesus. You can not have a nativity without the baby Jesus. I hope we find it when the holidays are over. I love the decorations.

Kathy said...

We are still using our angel like from Grammy on our tree too. I assume yours came from her also.
Your family has so much fun, I love to see and hear about your fun.