Our Thanksgiving was blessedly mellow this year. We didn't have any company, and we mostly lazed about all day until the food was ready. We started off the day by watching the Macy's parade. Then the kids built train tracks and played with blocks. EJ made a turkey out of blocks, clever girl!
The kids spent most of the day outside playing on the tramp. I dug up some silly string I bought a while back and DMP and I ambushed them. That was fun!
DMP is THE MAN. He is the king of turkey-making at our house and this year the turkey was our best ever- brined with garlic and rosemary, butter & sage rub under the skin and we let it rest for 30 min. It was so flavorful and juicy- even the leftovers!
We also had awesome stuffing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Funnily enough, my kids don't like green bean casserole. Next year I think we'll opt for brussel sprouts- their favorite!
Monday, December 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha! Eli and Uncle Dave have the same "cheese" face in the last picture!
Not green beans but they like Brussels sprouts? How odd that is:)
Love your blog, love your family.
Post a Comment