Saturday, June 22, 2013

Buzz Buzz, Snip Snip

We had our second lice encounter this year (!). The thought of digging through Bear's mop of hair daily for checks made me want to poke out my eye so I declared that we were going to hog tie him and buzz his hair.  It was pretty traumatic for everyone.

First I grabbed the scissors and cut his hair shorter so we could buzz it.  I had a little fun and made an awesome mullet. If he hadn't been so traumatized I would have taken a picture.  Then DMP got our clippers out to cut it short.  They broke, so he went to his little trimmer that he uses for his ears and stuff between hair cuts.  He just snapped a random guard on it and set to work on Bear's hear.  EJ exclaimed "Stop it Daddy! He looks hideous!!" but, alas, it was too late and he looked like a cancer patient for about a week. 

This story has a happy ending, though. Bear has gained the new nickname of "fuzzy" and he loves, loves his fuzzy new head.  I've caught him several times dancing around and rubbing his head.  Hopefully he remembers how much he likes it and lets us do it again?  A girl can hope, right?

No comments: