Friday, June 28, 2013

Texodus: Dino Train and Cousin Sleepover

This year, we hit the ground running with fun adventures right off the bat.  On Monday, we met Cynj's kids for a dinosaur train adventure on the Heber Creeper.  Take a good look at Bear above... Playing inside with the deluxe Thomas train set was the happiest he was the whole visit. More about that later.
 We were met at the station by these two handsome, er, dinosaurs?  These were the only kids I could convince to come close to them :)  Bear continued to be terrified of all things trains.  We figured he may be freaked out at first, but warm up, as we went along, but sadly, this pretty much sums up how he felt about the whole thing:
As a side note- how DARE we put a Thomas tattoo on him? In our defense, he loved the Day out with Thomas and wasn't scared of the train at all... 
On the up side, the other kids were really happy. EJ and Junior hung out the windows and told jokes. Birdy declared that Sis was her new best friend.  Check out Sis and her cool wings and Mom's sunglasses combo. I love that girl SO MUCH.
Bear pretty much bawled the whole time and complained "I feel sick..." which, since his few days of fever, he has learned will get him what he wants.  I thought it was just a ploy to make me get him off of the scary train.  Boy, was I wrong.  The boy had diarrhea.  As we have learned before- pull-ups do NOT contain diarrhea  and by the end of the ride, he was wearing a pull up over his shorts as a last-ditch attempt to contain it and I had poo all down my let (and a LOT of it) and he had it all up his back.  So I guess you could safely say we scared the crap out of him.  Lesson learned.
After our beautiful but eventful train ride, we went home to nosh on the best lasagna ever, made by yours truly (the PW lasagna recipe- it is so good!).  It was especially fun because Cyndi's Bubba asked her for lasagna that very day!
After dinner, the cousin sleepover began.  Grandpa had bubble supplies for all the kids and they had so much fun with it.  Then there was a basement dance party.  EJ is convinced that every sleepover requires a dance party.  It was pretty wild, but they had lots of fun.  
Just before bed, everyone got in their jammies and wound down with an episode of Phineas and Ferb.  Sis and Birdy were so cute together (sorry the angle is funny, it makes Sis look huge!)

No comments: