I can't believe my girl turned 9 this year! Next year she'll be a whole decade old! She had a fantastic birthday. She woke up to presents and decorations. She REALLY wanted to open Aunt Kate's present before school, so we let her. She also got to open two new TX Rangers t-shirts so she could wear one to school.
We have a tradition where I meet the girls at the bus with balloons and flowers on their birthday. Since we moved out of the school boundaries, I pick them up every day, so it wasn't going to be able to happen this year. Instead, I met her for lunch (with sushi!) and brought her a birthday crown to wear. She loved all the attention and birthday wishes she got from her classmates and her teacher was super impressed that she requested sushi!
As you can see, she liked Aunt Kate's present more than a little!
The next day was her "friend" birthday party. She and Birdy decorated for the occasion- note the party hats on Hide and Seek, the raccoons! She looked at my pintrest board and requested baby sea turtle cupcakes. They turned out OK, but not my favorite :)
Instead of a big party with lots of friends, EJ opted to take two of her good friends from church to Build a Bear. I was really, really glad that she picked that option because DMP was out of town until the night before her party! The poor girls she invited BOTH were injured in the couple of days before- G broke her arm the day before and K broke her tailbone!
In spite of injuries and pouring rain, the girls had a lot of fun at BAB. They were given a budget and it was fun watching these smart girls work within it and figure out how much they could spend. They came up with pretty cute bears!
EJ requested pretzels at the mall, but the place that was conveniently really close to BAB was out of them and poor K had been a trooper, but wasn't up to any more walking or sitting on a hard chair waiting for them to make more. The girls decided that Braums was the place to go. I went to the bathroom and left the girls to chat. When I came back, they got awkwardly quiet and I said, "Do y'all want me to go away so you can talk alone?" and EJ told me yes. Sniff! She is all growed up and not wanting her Mom around :( I sat at a booth nearby and eavesdropped and they mostly talked about how annoying their little sisters are.
She got a fantastic lot of presents! She completed her Novi Stars doll collection thanks to Grandma and Grandpa K and the Target toy clearance. She also was really excited about the new book series one of her friends gave her.
Monday after her birthday brought a surprise from Aunt Cyndi! A guide to all the Pokémon characters. She is becoming quite the expert!
Friday, November 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So much fun!
Post a Comment