Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sept- Uncle Bobby Visited!

Sorry about the lack of blogging, folks. Being Relief Society President hasn't left a lot of time for blogging lately :) trying to catch up!
We are so lucky that Uncle Bobby's new job as a truck driver has brought him to our neck of the woods occasionally. We love visitors! He came through and only was able to meet up with DMP for a quick lunch visit, but over Labor Day, he was able to come and spend the night and hang out with us!
I've said it before and I'll say it again- it is so fun to have Aunts and Uncles who are also grandparents themselves. They spoil my kids rotten with attention (and treats!). Uncle Bobby read books, wrestled and played with the kids.  We introduced him to yummy Vietnamese food and had a good time visiting.  So good, in fact, that I forgot to take a picture of these handsome brothers until he was getting ready to leave and DMP hadn't even gotten ready for the day :)
Bear and I drove Uncle Bobby back to his truck and I thought it would be SO EXCITING for him to see a real, live "Big Truck" up close. He loves to point them out when we are driving around.  Turns out the reality of a real "big truck" was a little more than he could handle.  He was pretty scared and NOT happy that we put him in the driver's seat.  It worked out OK because we convinced him to pose with Uncle Bobby for the first picture, but I think that was just because he loves Uncle Bobby so much!

We can't wait until Uncle Bobby comes to see us again! It is always a happy surprise.

No comments: