Taking spring pictures with Bluebonnets is a Texas "thing"- Kind of like photos at a pumpkin patch in the fall. This is one TX tradition I can really embrace!
Finding the "best" bluebonnet patch is a big deal. People are posting their favorites all over the internet (or keeping them secret) and the "good" patches can get trampled quickly. Last year we just spotted some and pulled over by the side of the road.
This year, I wanted to do a little better and plan cute hair and outfits so I started looking and asking around for the perfect spot. One day, I drove down my street and turned a corner and saw that my neighbor, 3 houses down, had a beautiful, big patch of bluebonnets- right beside their garage!
It was perfect! I made some cookies and took an opportunity to meet a neighbor (they are nice- original owners of the house!). They were flattered that I admired their bluebonnets and let us come and take some pictures. I was lucky that the day was mostly overcast and the kids responded well to an ice cream bribe.
A few weeks back, Bear had a bee land on his forehead and has been terrified of all bugs ever since. There were a lot of bees buzzing around the flowers, so that didn't help, but he did a good job and we got some good shots in spite of his worry. The girls were so fun and got really into it.
I paid my friend Kim with freezer dinners to edit our favorites and these will be the kids pics for this year. I can't wait to see them on my wall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're kids are adorable!!!!!!
Post a Comment