I know I'm way behind on the blog, but we've been working hard at the 'ole DIY lately and I wanted to share one of our finished projects. Getting this done is better than Christmas for me! No more backpacks, RS bag, Church Bag and purse scattered around the house! Plus, it is bright, clean and cheerful. This is the room we enter more than the front door, and it is HUGE to have it organized and happy!
The "drop zone" Everyone has a hook for jackets and whatnots and DMP built a bench for backpacks and bags. The shelf at the top will store gloves, scarves and other winter stuff we only need for about a month :) I LOVE that the cat food has an out-of-the way place and there is a basket for shoes right as you come in! No more coats in the cat water!He also created this nifty shelf all the way across the washer and dryer and we changed out the handles on the cupboards. I also painted the door. It used to be ugly industrial grey. That puppy took about 8,000 coats. It isn't my best paint job, but I now have a testimony of primer. Don't skip it folks! Notice the cute, perfectly matched piggy for laundry change! He has orange hearts on him and was a $3 Thrift Store score!
Another view of the shelf and washer/dryer space. I love that everything has a place and it is accessible. Also, I love that the art that used to be in our kitchen in the old house matches the new "mimosa" colored walls PERFECTLY. This room makes me happy every time I come in the door. Which is good since that happens about a million times every day.
Sorry there is no "before" on this project. I didn't think about it until it was already torn apart for painting. Besides. It was way too depressing. You don't need that stuff in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment