We have offically become "dog people". Worse, we've become "small dog people". Or maybe it is just me... I find myself resisting the urge to buy things for Chester - NOT clothes, but pretty much everything but.
Last night I was at Petsmart buying doggie poo bags and flea/tick repellent and I discovered that they have collar charms. Basically dog bling. I womanfully resisted. The next isle over, I discovered that they have tiny doggy sun visors. So cute! I resisted knowing that Chester would never wear it.
The "dog face" begging for DMP's dinner.A couple of weeks ago, I was at The Thrift Store in Heber and I found myself seriously contemplating a small, yellow, doggy rain coat- complete with little hat. "I can't put him in clothes," I thought "That is silly. Plus with his long hair he'd look terrible. But he does hate going outside in the rain so maybe he'd like it...". Seriously. That was my thought process.
I also find myself wanting to take him everywhere with me- the store, in the car, on road trips- you know. I was thinking as I drove in to work today "I wonder if I could convince HR that he is my service dog...". There is just something so nice and soothing to have a silky-soft doggie follow me around. I find myself craving cuddling up with him on the couch after a long day. I don't even mind the doggie breath.
TV Time (bad pic of me...)He has quickly become such a part of our lives- the girls adore him. Birdy still asks for him first thing every morning. EJ loves to give him treats and Birdy loves to boss him around. We are so lucky we found such an awesome doggie for us!
Napping with me when I was sick.

1 comment:
I can testify that you have become an official doggie mom. Good thing he is so well mannered and prefers you over everyone else.
Post a Comment