Friday, July 9, 2010

Another satisfying moment in parenting

Birdy was having a "bad day" on Sunday and Daddy told her that if she didn't stop hitting, screeching and throwing a tantrum every 5 seconds, we wouldn't be able to go on the picnic we'd planned for later in the day.

After church she started to freak out over something small and Daddy said "I don't think we can go to the picnic if you are going to be like this" as he walked upstairs with her. That is the last I heard. A few minutes later, EJ and I were eating a snack and Birdy came down and happily said that Daddy said she could go on the picnic.

I asked her what Daddy said she needed to do in order to be able to picnic. She replied "Daddy said some stuff, and I said some stuff and now I get to go!"

Nice to know the lesson was learned...

1 comment:

JM said...

Yay Dave! Way to work with her. She's such a headstrong cutie!