I need to leart to write these recaps right after Christmas- you know, before the magic wears off and the credit card bill is due. I'll try to recapture the magic for you, though. Christmas eve we made Verla "The Cookie Lady's" sugar cookies and icing. In addition to being yummy sugar cookies, this recipe is the very one for the cookies served at our reception. Say it with me, folks, "Awwwww".
Christmas morning was present-tastic. DMP got season 1 of Community (if you haven't watched the show, you should. You'll thank me. Especially after the Modern Warfare episode). He also got a rotary tool thingy from my Dad. He's been asking for one forever but I have a hard time buying tools. We discovered at the family party later in the week that he did NOT get a complete serial killer kit like Brad, Jeff and Jaceson got. Maybe next year? (For those non-Kinsel readers, my dad got those guys a tarp, a saw or ax, and rope...)
There are no pictures of me on Christmas morning because 1) I'm the only one who remembers to ever pull out the camera and 2) there have to be rewards for being the only person to think of it. I got some awesome present-age this year. The highlight was my Kindle from Santa. I love, love love it. No longer will I have to haul at least 2 books for an overnight San Fran business trip! I also got the Flavor Bible. I've wanted it forever and it's super, super cool.
EJ got Birdy a princess blanket-with-sleeves. This might seem like a "boring" present if you don't know Birdy. She "owns" every blanket in the house and has about 6-7 "favorite" blankets that she has to sleep with. Birdy also got her own "girl" lego set from Daddy, a "Barbie potty trains puppies" set from Bear, a new pet fish (named "Tangled") from Mommy, a Unicorn Pillow Pet from Santa and an awesome tutu, flower crown and wand dress-ups from Grandma and Grandpa.
EJ finally got her pillow pet! She also got a pink razor scooter from Daddy, a butterfly fairy Barbie from Bear, a pet fish from Mom (named "baety"), Prince Barbies and a barbie car from Grandma and Grandpa, and more that I can't remember :)It was a good, mostly peaceful Christmas. We loved lounging around on Christmas day- playing with presents, eating candy and snacking on appetizers. I wish every day could be like that!
1 comment:
I'm so glad Santa brought EJ her coveted pillow pet. Thanks for the recap, it sounds like you guys had an awesome Christmas.
Post a Comment