Friday, December 31, 2010

The year in review!

We opened our year with our big (if slightly soggy) trip to Disneyland. It was such a fun, fun trip- rain and all. I'm wishing we were going again this February. My favorite posts about it are the one with the girls and the princesses, our rainy day recap, and this one with the girls dancing before the parade.

Shortly after Disneyland, Birdy had a birthday and turned 3 with a super-fun pool party (and mustaches!) Then DMP decided to go to grad school and take the GMAT all in the space of a few weeks (whew!). EJ practiced her new found talent for writing and drawing - especially the things in nature.

The highlight of the year for our family was the addition of baby butter brother Bear in July. It is hard to believe he started out a (relatively) tiny 8 lb 15 oz adorable boy. It didn't take long for him to grow big and bigger.

EJ started Kindergarten, and DMP started grad school. I turned 30, and then climbed a mountain (and I thought I would die, but I didn't). Chester found a good new home, and I went back to work. EJ had a birthday and turned 6!

The sad point of our year is when we lost DMP's mom. We will miss her a lot!

We are the luckiest parents, because throughout it all, our girls have kept us happy and laughing a LOT. No really. A Lot. No, REALLY. Yep, they really are funny. Even the boy (who can't talk yet) is pretty darn funny!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Your family is great. The funny section had me laughing to tears!!

JM said...

Sounds like an eventful year all around! Here's to an even funnier 2011!