DMP graduated on May 6. I "made" him do the graduation thing complete with the wizard robes and funny hat. I felt that this graduation is a Big Deal and it should be celebrated properly. Besides, I wanted the pictures. We still need a sunny day so we can get pics of him in his finery with the kids in their Utah-themed attire. Doesn't he look handsome and academic? It took us a good 20 minutes to figure out the dumb hood but it was worth it- his was the best looking on of everyone. No really, I had a lot of time to judge since the masters grads had their backs to us the whole time...
The graduation ceremony was predictably boring (seriously- how exciting can reading 1,000 names be?). It was still fun and I was glad that Papper was there to celebrate and keep me company. Lots of people brought their small kids. It looked like torture (for everyone) and I was glad I left mine with Grandma and Grandpa!
DMP was glad that he got dressed up and walked. His MAcc group is relatively small and it was good to be there with them and celebrate together.
As a reward for our good behavior during the ceremony, Papper and I got to try on the funny hat. I think Papper looks like one of the professors in a Harry Potter movie, don't you? The even better reward was the delicious steak, ribs and brisket dinner that my Mom and Dad made for us. So, so good!
I'm so stinkin' proud of DMP. It is a big deal to survive the grueling classes and super-full schedule. We picked a doozy of a 9 months to do it- Bear was born a couple weeks before school started, DMP's Mom passed away 3 weeks before the end of fall semester, and we became unemployed in February. He still managed to do well in his classes and get good grades. Those how know of his longer struggle with school and social anxiety disorder can appreciate what a huge, huge personal accomplishment this is for him as well. Well done, DMP!
4 comments:
Congrats to Dave.
I am sure proud of you and what you accomplished.
Congrats to your whole family who stood by you and supported you.
Bursting with pride.
Bravo, Dave! We're so proud!
Yay Dave! From one Master to another I say 'Welcome to the club'!
Post a Comment