Friday, September 9, 2011

All About This Guy

I've had some requests for more Bear on the blog, so all y'all that wanted it- this one is for you (and yes, I've been told that "all y'all" is plural for y'all).   As you can see above- he is obsessed with my phone- any phone really. Anything that has buttons is held up to his ear for a listen, including the remote.
 He is super handsome and looking less like a baby and more like a boy every day. It breaks my heart. He is losing some of his chub (although he is still a lot to lug around!). That is probably because he has stopped eating anything that isn't green beans, fruit, cherry tomatoes, goldfish crackers, pretzels (sometimes), yogurt, beans, noodles (sometimes) and cheese.  No cheerios (even honey nut), bread, crackers, tortilla or any other manner of carb for him. He also has a "meat" force field around his mouth- he won't even open his mouth for any kind of meat in any form. Heaven help me- I can't handle a picky eater!
I'm sorry to say but we aren't quite sure where his sweet, easygoing nature went. We must have forgotten to pack it?  Hopefully he is just adjusting still, but since we've moved he has been crabby and whiny. We see this face a lot and it usually goes along with a lot of screeching, pointing and grunting.
We've noticed he "plays" a lot more these days. This dino is a new favorite toy- probably because of the button on its tummy that makes a scary dino noise when he pushes it.  He likes to "walk" it along his crib or other places. 

Speaking of his crib... I frequently have the girls go in and talk to him/entertain him when he wakes up for a bit until I can go in and get him, change his bum and etc.  Now he really likes to play in his crib and when I go in to get him, he spends quite a bit of time just playing with his stuffies and talking to the sheep and birds on his bumper. He also grunts and points at toys in his room (Like the dino) that he wants me to put in there with him to play with.

One of his favorite things is to Skype with Daddy. He squeals, giggles and waves and points. He also blows kisses and likes it when Daddy sings songs. Now any time he sees me on the computer he waves and points like "Where's the Daddy show?".  Sometimes showing him videos of cousin Mia helps :) 

He still doesn't have many words- just Mama, Dada (sort of), Kitty (for any animal or Daddy, including the fish at the Dr. Office) and no no.

P.S. Yes, that is a black eye you see in some of those pictures. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but he was playing at the mall playground and he suddenly was crying and there were two very guilty-looking 3 yr. old boys by him :) Baby's first shiner!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks for all the Bear posts. I still can't get over how adorable he is! Now we need EJ and Birdy to get their own. Their fans are demanding it!