Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Seven

About 18 months. Doesn't she look like Bear?
Today is EJ's 7th birthday.  I swear that almost every day I think about how lucky we are to have this little girl in our lives. She is sweet, kind ,smart and funny. She loves joke books (and retelling the jokes). She reads like a madwoman and can finish a Magic Treehouse chapter book in a matter of hours.  
2 1/2- see baby Birdy?
She is such a good big sister. I can count on her to keep an eye on her brother and help me out when I need to do housework and etc.  She plays nicely with Birdy and is always keeping an eye out for her (so much so that I have to remind her that Birdy has a mommy!)
3 yrs. old!
 She naturally looks after others. She told me about a little girl at school who is "special" that didn't play with any kids. She went over and talked to her and played with her at recess and told me "It made me fell all warm and happy to do that, Mom!" She then learned the names of the two other "special" boys in wheelchairs that come out at recess and says "Hi!" to them every day. She is always looking out for other kids who might be lonely and need a friend.  She does it all with such simple happiness- as if it is the most natural thing in the world to find sad or alone kids and play with them.
4 yrs old
EJ has magic charisma. She makes friends easily wherever we go. She has had no problem adjusting to a new school, ward and neighborhood. 
5th birthday!
EJ is so sincere in her desire to do the right thing all the time. She picks up and throws away trash, follows the rules at school and is scandalized when others dare to break the rules :)
Almost 6 with a new baby brother!
Almost 7 and starting 1st grade
We are so blessed to have this sweet girl as part of our family. She is always a joy!  Happy Birthday EJ!!

6 comments:

JM said...

Happy birthday cute girl!

Bek said...

Happy Birthday L!!! She really is a sweetie. as for playing widgets special kids-- she is used to Charlie, etc. I hope my kids find friends like our EJ. And, Butter looks JUST like her.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to such a sweet, beautiful little girl. She really is something special!

Anonymous said...

What about her hair? You forgot to mention that she has had amazing hair since she was born. Auntie Cyndi has always been jealous of it ;-) Happy Birthday, EJ!

cyndi

janemkinsel said...

I MISS HER SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I love you,EJ.

Kathy said...

Happy day after your birthday!! She is a precious angel and we love her so-o-o-o-o much. She always loved to play with Charlie.