Once Upon a Time, when I was making our weekly run to Rosa's for Taco Tuesday (it's a thing...) I found myself in a right-turn only lane. While getting back on the road to fresh, hot, tortilla heaven, we saw what looked to be a wooden fort playground. Seeing that it was about a million degrees then (actually 108, but it might as well be a million) I promised the girls we'd come back and check it out.
Lucky for us, Labor Day was a relatively cool 85 degrees. It was heaven. We flung the windows open (only to discover that about 4 of them have screens...) and decided that the day called for a little playground exploration. The wooden fort playground is actually a big, wooden castle. The Kid Kastle, actually. Good to know that the annoying "substitute K's for C's" thing isn't limited to Utah.
It is probably the coolest playground I've ever seen. It is full of nooks and crannies and it is basically impossible to ever locate your kid (but it is mostly OK since there is only one entrance and a high fence all around). Plus, it is HUGE. The girls were in heaven. You see that EJ is my model for most of these pictures- that's because Birdy took off and made friends with some other kids and we didn't see her forever!
Unfortunately, it isn't so much fun for the pre-walking set. But Bear had the swings and in spite of this picture, he really loves them.
Everywhere you look there are slides, swings and all kinds of hidden suprises!There is a pond nearby and we saw people catching catfish and they even found a turtle that the kids looked at. We decided to get ourselves some hot dogs (catfish bait of choice) and DMP's old kiddie rod and try our luck. We didn't catch anything (we think the hook wasn't deep enough) but it was really fun trying. Mostly it was just fun to be outside without feeling like we were in an oven!







2 comments:
That does look like an awesome playground! I'm so glad you guys are figuring out cool things like this, it makes living somewhere new that much easier.
I'm glad the weather is offering some relief so you can get out and explore more.
I wanna hear about Taco Tuesday...
Post a Comment