Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thirty-seven

DMP turned 37 this year and we had a fun party. I took the girls to the dollar store to buy presents. Birdy picked out some cinnamon almonds and EJ got him an awesome rooster coaster for all of his drinks.  Eli and Mommy got him an R/C helicopter that really flies (NOT from the dollar store :>)

After present opening, we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. We were lucky that Daddy's birthday was on a Tuesday, and at Chick-fil-a they have family night on Tuesdays where kids get a free kids meal and they have balloons and other fun stuff.  I know it seems like a strange choice for a birthday dinner, but we love Chick-fil-a (which is a topic for another post) so we decided to combine very kid-friendly + yummy food + cheap!  We got a great birthday surprise when EJ told the person taking our order that it was her Daddy's birthday, so his meal was free, too. So all 4 of us ate for the price of one meal! That was a happy birthday present indeed!

When I saw the sign for family night advertising balloons, I thought it meant helium balloons (which Bear LOVES).  I didn't expect an awesome balloon artist!  Check out the cool creations in the pic above!  Birdy got a "Christmas Princess Wand", EJ got an orange kitty and a rose, and Bear got an awesome snow man. Seriously- check this guy out, he's ADORABLE!
After we ate our yummy food and got our awesome balloons, we went home to eat the cake EJ and Birdy decorated (sorry- I forgot to take a picture until after I cut into the top!).  It was yummy and DMP had a great birthday!

2 comments:

janemkinsel said...

Yeh! This is worthy of a Dec. post! Chic-fil-a will now rival the taco place on Tues. Just wish they would spread out the joy to other days, too.

Jeff Kinsel said...

What is the cake supposed to be? Is it a wizard hat? Megaphone?