Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Tower- Before and After

Our fourth bedroom is called the "Tower" (I'm sure you can guess why) and since we've moved it has been a storage room for extra junk and boxes.  We decided to convert it into another play room.
 The garage has been converted to a play room in this house, but Bear can't play out there without adult supervision because it also has to store tools and whatnot. Plus, it isn't insulated, so we aren't crazy about needing to heat and cool and entire garage just for playing.
So with a couple hours of hard work the boxes are cleared out and now there is a new baby friendly place for all of the kids to play (and read).  We moved all of Bear's toys, the dress ups and books inside. Now the play room (in the garage) has all of the girls' toys they don't want bear to get into and they can play out there as long as it is warm/cool enough.
The new tower play room has been a huge success and I'm glad that Birdy and Bear have a place to play (where I don't have to watch him the whole time) and I'm sure our bills will appreciate not heating and cooling the garage!

No comments: