Friday, May 18, 2012

Ute-Tah Bucket List

I realized while emailing Cynj that our Utah trip is like a trip to Disneyland, we've been talking about it, planning it and getting excited for all the things we'll do and see for a while now. It deserves it's own bucket list. 

This is in no way a complete list of the things we are dreaming about doing when we are in Ute-Tah (That's how Birdy says it...).  Anyone and everyone is invited to join us in doing any of these things. Also, they are in no particular order (I'm not that crazy yet :>). 
Provo Stuff
  • Provo Freedom Festival- kid crafts, Tater Twisters and all the other fun stuff!
  • Play with the Baileys- Emmie and Abbie
  • Play on the new playground near our old house
  • Spend lots of time at Cyndi's house
    • on her porch
    • running around the cul-de-sac
    • eating stuff (there's always eating stuff at Cyndi's!
  • Eat Dumplings at Four Seasons
  • In-N-Out Burger (I need to confirm my suspicions that the Provo one tastes the best)
  • Eat a Regal Burger bacon cheeseburger
  • Steak and Egg breakfast burrito at Rancheritos
  • Go to Church in our old Ward
  • Seven Peaks (or the veteran's pool)
  • Play at the Shady Park
  • Go to Maceys for an ice cream (and to drool over all the stuff that I can't buy in TX, like peanut butter bars)
  • Bean Museum
  • Picnic in Provo Canyon multiple times
  • Drive the Aspen Loop and go to Cascade Springs
Heber Stuff
  • Go to the DK for shakes, and to blow the Boy's train-loving mind
  • Go to the HHR Station (see mind-blowing above- actually, it'll probably terrorize him...)
  • Bowling Alley Burgers and Fry Sauce. Can't decide what I'm looking forward to more...
  • Feed the ducks
  • Laze around Grandma and Grandpa's house (and help put stuff away)
  • Crabdaddy Fishing
  • Watch the Gockenspeil (how do you spell that?)
  • Scout the antique stores in Midway for beehive and/or spools
  • Go to the cheese factory
  • Drive to the top of memorial hill
  • Take the kids to play in the lake
  • Yard Sale-ing with Mom
  • Go to the Thrift Store
SLC Stuff
  • Hogle Zoo
  • This is the Place Monument (with just the big kids)
  • Temple Square
  • Church History Museum- BOM Exhibit specifically
  • Tour the Lion House & eat Lunch
  • Hang out with Kim (lots!) and meet her girl (who will be almost 1! I can't handle it!)
  • Tour Welfare Square (I hear it is cool)
  • DMP and I do a live session at the SLC Temple
Logan Stuff
  • Take our kids to USU campus- show them the quad and Old main. Likely get ice cream
  • Get a picture of my kiddos on the "A"
  • Eat Tiny Spicy Chicken
  • Eat a Logan's Hero
  • Visit the Jensen Historical Farm
  • Chill with Ed & T and Family until they are sick of us
  • Drive up Logan Canyon
Other Misc.
  • Philips Family Reunion! Tennille! Kathy! Susanne! Email me and let's pin this down!
  • Have a sleepover in Clinton to chill with those cousins one on one and play on their turf!
  • Have a birthday party for Bear (the big #2!)
  • DMP and MAK get 24 hrs (ish) without kids. We want to go to SLC to the Temple, have dinner and stay overnight kid-free. Any volunteers to take them? Haven't asked Gma and Gpa yet.
  • Have Bek take some family pics somewhere mountain-y (please?)
I'm sure there will be more, but this is the list for now!  Dates the kids and I will be in town are abt. July 1- about July 20 (not sure what days we are driving back). DMP will be in town July 14 through whenever we drive home.

7 comments:

Jeff Kinsel said...

That is similar to the list I want to do when I get back to America, but much more eating of delicious food. Once change I would make...go to Beto's instead of Rancherito's. Better food overall. Here is the best locations for the Egg and Steak Breakfast Burrito in the Wasatch Front:

1. Springville Beto's (no challenge)
2. Orem Center Street Beto's (next to Chuck E. Cheese)
3. University Parkway Beto's (across from D.I.
4. Possibly the new Heber City Beto's...it is an unknown quantity.

Kate said...

Lots of your items have to do with eating. No judgement here, you'd just think that living in Dallas, you'd have access to just as good, if not better food than anywhere in Utah.

Though to be fair, if I were to list all the things I want to do in Utah...yup...lots of them would have to do with food as well.

This is kind of a useless comment. Sorry.

CKW said...

The Cousin Carnival... and Thomas' birthday party, both of which will also involve awesome food. And I call the kids for a sleepover when you and Dave get your day off...

janemkinsel said...

And how long are you staying?????

rabnerfamily said...

I love it. I always have a list of to do's and to eat's when I go to Utah. We try to pack it all in whilst still trying to have that "just being with family doing normal thing"s feeling. I am jealous!

Tennille said...

The kids can sleep here, too!

Tennille said...

Also, we should take the kids up logan canyon for a picnic!!! Maybe Bear Lake.