Thursday, May 31, 2012

Funny Stuff

Conversation with Birdy:
Birdy: "Mom, someday can we go to China and speak Spanish to everyone?"
Me: "Sure kid, but I don't know that they'll understand you."
Birdy: "Why not?"
Me: "Because they speak Chinese..."
Birdy: "Mommmm, that's not even a real language!"

Bear's new favorite book is the George Albert Smith manual.  He brings it to me and says "Scriptures" (not kidding) and we have to sit and look at every single picture. I can't skip any and we have to talk about each one- even the family laying flowers on a grave. The upside is that my manual is getting worn and well-read-looking so I look super-spiritual :)

Bear is obsessed with trash and throwing things away. He pulls tissues out of the box and then declares them "trash" and throws them away.  His favorite is to throw his diaper away after we change him. If we don't let him do it, he gets very, very upset.  I curse DMP daily because he let him walk a stinky diaper to the trash can outside once and now he expects to do it every time.

EJ told me "Mom, I want to go to Sidewalk of Fire so I can win the beer-drinking contest!" I think maybe last year they had a root-beer drinking contest, but it was still pretty funny to hear!

Birdy (after buying a new Hello Kitty mirror and brush combo and in a totally normal voice) "Mommy, am I hideous or not?" Me (laughing): "Do you know what hideous means?"  Birdy: "No"

Filed under "Sentences I thought I'd never say": "That's not a hat, it's butter..."

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love your kids!!!

CKW said...

That crabby shirt on eli took me way back...