Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Malware and Google are the worst :(

Sorry everyone that was getting a crazy message that my site has malware.  Apparently it was tied to a link I had in my sidebar to another site. I removed that link (and all others that aren't from people I know personally).  In trying to figure out what the heck I could/should do to fix it I was reminded of just how much Google hates their users with their crappy, crappy not-help pages.  I love that they host a product that lets non-technical people like me create a "web page" (blog) but when something goes wrong, suddenly I'm a "webmaster" and must know PHP to identify and remove malware and it kept referring me to white papers on how to do it. Awesome.

I guess that cleared up the problem because Google "reviewed' my site and has declared it exorcised of any malware demons...  I never got any sort of warning (apparently you don't so much in IE) so if you are still getting one, or you ever see it again, please give me a heads up!

3 comments:

Jeff Kinsel said...

Are you serious!?!? You use INTERNET EXPLORER!? You are dead to me.

In other news, it isn't doing it to me anymore.

Kate said...

I was just going to say what Jeff said. Why in the world would you still be on Internet Explorer? You're a techy person who knows better!

Come over to Firefox. You'll never regret it.

Glad your site is back.

Jeff Kinsel said...

I use Google Chrome and it is wonderful. If for nothing else than the extensions like HoverZoom.