Sunday, June 10, 2012

Don't Waste! Do Save!

That is the catchy title of EJ's third-place winning water week poster.  Lest you think I'm some kind of on-the-ball parent who is aware of things like water week and poster contests, I have to tell you that she made the poster during her library story time...
We got a notice in the mail telling us that her poster had won "a place" in the contest and we were asked to go to the City Council meeting so she could get it.  We went and it marked the first time DMP and I had pledged our allegiance to the Texas Flag. Whew! Glad that's done :)

Lily was a tiny bit disappointed with her third place award until I pointed out that there were lots of kids that entered that didn't win at all. She kept repeating "I got to meet the MAYOR of LEWISVILLE!".  She was one proud and happy girl!

2 comments:

Jeff Kinsel said...

She looks alarmingly like you in that second picture.

Anonymous said...

Why is that alarming, exactly?
DMP