Sunday, July 8, 2012

Utah Week 1- Checking in!

I know I need to upload photos and update the blog or I'll never catch up when I get home to TX, but we are having so much fun.  We are knocking things off of the "Utah Bucket List" like crazy!  So far we've done:
  • Provo Freedom Festival
  • Sidewalk of Fire
  • Bowling Alley Burger and Fry Sauce
  • Steak and Egg Burrito (Provo by Maceys because I know Jeff will ask)
  • Played with the Baileys (Emilie and Abbie!)- our plans to play on the new playground were thwarted by some rain and cool weather!
  • Visited the trains at the HHR followed by
  • Ice cream at the DK. The boy's mind was totally blown after he got over his fear of the trains!
  • Thrift Store
  • Yard Sales with Mom
  • Sleepover with Cyndi and co.- not enough of a visit! 
  • Visited with Kim and adorable baby TWICE!
  • Played in the City Creek Fountains & Walked across Temple Square
We got to see the fireworks on the 4th from Memorial Hill. They were great. We also discovered that there are FIREFLIES living in the north fields- no kidding. I don't know if they are actual fireflies, but they are small bugs that fly and light up!  We've eaten dinner outside twice, and Grandpa is feeding us well- steak, ribs, crab legs and all the sweet corn on the cob Birdy can eat!

All three kids are loving playing with Grandma and Grandpa's toys- especially the giant tiger family.  EJ is thrilled that Grandpa is giving her lots of opportunities to work to earn money for a doll she wants.  Birdy likes the idea of earning money, but not so much the work involved :)  They both love the bike trail behind G & G's new house and that they get to ride farther than just around the cul-de-sac!
Grandma also took us for a walk around the Heber Cemetery and we showed the girls their ancestor's head stones and Grandma told us about each one- who they are and about their life. The girls were really interested and it was neat for everyone. I'm just bummed that I didn't bring my camera or think to bring the flip so I could record all of what Grandma told us! Next time we'll do it again and I'll be a better family historian.

No comments: