Sunday, September 16, 2012

AG Store & Dallas Temple Adventure!

We've never lived near an American Girl store before, so I decided we needed to visit before the summer was over.  As you can see from EJ's face, it was VERY exciting.  She walked around in awe, with her hands tucked under her chin.  Predictably, she was super-excited to see all of Kaya's stuff in real life!
The girls got to explore the store and see all of the displays of all the cute AG doll stuff.
They even found their "twin" dolls!
My bookworm EJ was especially impressed by the wall of books!
The Dallas Temple is about 1 exit away from the AG store, so we swung by for a visit. The kids have never seen this temple before, so it was fun for them (even if it was a bit drizzly!).  
It's a hard temple to photograph. Or maybe I just don't know the good "places".
Bear was especially impressed by the fountain in front and it took a LOONNNGG time to persuade him to leave it!
In this last pic, I told the kids to stop goofing around and "be reverent".  Bear was the only one to really take it to heart!
Of course, no trip to the Dallas Temple is complete (for me, anyway) without a trip to In-N-Out!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I can't remember the last time I've eaten an In-N-Out burger...I'm thinking before I moved over here, so about 6 years or more. Yikes. I could go for one now...