For week 6 of our Summer Fun List, we picked "carnival can game". The original idea was to decorate cans and use them, but I just felt too darn lazy that day. Plastic cups worked nicely and the kids (even Bear) had a lot of fun with it! Definitely something we'll do again when they get bored- it required 0 prep and it kept them busy and having fun for a good half hour!
The next project we did was the swirling colors milk experiment. This was one of my favorites. The girls and their friends that joined us thought it was SO awesome to watch the colors "jump" away and swirl together. If you do this one (and you totally should), be sure to use whole milk- it worked a lot better than skim and swirled longer.
We also made our very own home made bouncy balls. I think calling them "bouncy balls" is a little optimistic, because ours only bounced about the same as, say, silly putty, but the girls thought they were awesome and Birdy especially played with them on and off for a few days.
Last up was our home made "gak". The recipe we used didn't make stuff of the consistency I expected, so next time I think we'll try another one (so I'm not including it). But the stuff we DID make was pretty cool and about the consistency of silly putty. All three of the kids had fun with it and it was worth doing again!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are going to do homemade taffy one of these days. I bet your girls would love that! You should do it first and tell me what NOT to do... ;-)
Post a Comment