Wednesday, September 12, 2012

And then I had a birthday...

I had the best birthday!  On Friday night, I went to The Hunger Games movie at the Dollar Theater, then on Saturday, I got to eat yummy food (Which Wich, Red Robin) and go back-to-school shopping with my family.  My actual birthday was on Sunday, so it was a great, relaxing day!

I had Ward Council in the morning, and I got a surprise when I got home!  The girls had decorated and hidden and jumped out and yelled "Surprise!"  DMP said it required a lot of discussion and practice to get it right. They drilled Bear on saying "Surprise!" so effectively, he did it every time I entered a room for the rest of the day!

After church, I got a long nap.  Then it was time for some seriously awesome steaks DMP made, along with fresh peaches and Asian cabbage salad.  Of course there was Ginger Brew to drink (not beer...)

After dinner it was time to open my presents.  The girls got me surprisingly thoughtful gifts from the dollar store.  Much better than the squeaky dog toy I got in years past!  The girls made some cute cards. Here is EJ's
"Mom is the bom, go to her .com, she'll shine and she doesn't drink wine, her name is Melissa not lisa! XOXOXOX Go mom."
Birdy's says "I love Mom! Mom's the best, mom is great! Mom makes me happy, Mom lets me play!" 
After dinner and presents, we played DIsney Scene it and had brownie hot fudge sundaes (instead of cake).  It was a fantastic birthday!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a great day. Didn't we get you Disney Scene it for Christmas? I'm glad it's a loved present (if we did give it to you, I want to say we did...).

Love the frequent posts!

Kathy said...

Your family is clever like you:) What a fun birthday.