I don't know why I think I'm the "making costumes" kind of Mom. This year each kid had one or three elements that needed to be "home made" and I left it until WAAYYY too late. No worries, it all got done and thankfully turned out well. As you can see above, EJ is a witch. We lucked out and found the skirt at a Thrift store around here, but it was a size 10 but no problem to take it in. We embellished the witch hat, too.
Birdy is the cutest Rapunzel you've ever seen. I made her wig and even though I was kind of scared of the process, it was actually very easy and turned out SOOOO cute. I smooshed this tutorial and this one together to make it. We originally started out with it longer, but it was so heavy it kept sliding off her head, so Rapunzel had to get a haircut! I have some battery-powered Christmas lights, so soon Rapunzel's hair will really glow!
This is the littlest viking. Like a true viking, he doesn't want to do what he's told, so when he was asked to take a picture, he ran down the block and around the corner. Then he tried to hide in the neighbor's yard (this is after it took all 4 of us to chase him around the house and convince him that if he'd just let us put his costume on, we'd go get candy...)
Eventually he picked his own spot for a photo. The fur cuffs were kind of short, and that isn't my favorite, but I got a bag of free fabric and it was all I had in there, so they will do. I need to add some laces to his vest to help keep it closed. DMP made his cute belt and belt buckle. I'm having a booger of a time finding a viking helmet, but maybe I can come up with something in the next few days!
Of course the kids wanted to "test" out their newly finished costumes, and luckily a local outdoor mall had a trick or treat, so off we went. Bear was serious about his candy selection (he prefers "slobbers" a.k.a. whoppers). He rejected a sticker and a rice krispy treat from a bakery ("I don like it...").
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment