Bear was thrilled with the zillions of new trains and track Grandpa brought for him. He had fun building all kinds of tracks with Grandpa and Daddy. He still plays with them daily and he can usually persuade his sissies to join in and build things for him.
Of course when Grandpa comes, there is lots, and lots of tickling!
On Monday before Grandpa had to catch his plane, we took him to Bass Pro Shop. Think Cabela's except with more of a hunting lodge theme. Grandpa declared it to be better than Cabela's. As a side note, I think I need more antlers, shotgun shells and pelts in my decor- that centerpiece is doing something for me...
The girls (and Bear!) got to try out the shooting gallery. I love how serious they all are!
Grandpa even let them get something from the gumball machine- something we never do so it was a special treat!
We watched the big catfish and gar in the giant tank, checked out the rattlesnakes, real ducks in their pond and lots and lots of dead stuffed animals.Bass Pro Shops is one of Bear's favorite places. He loves the "Boats and Trucks". Funny story- we pass Bass Pro Shops on the way to his neurologist's office. He saw the sign and started begging to go - "Boats and Trucks! I want Boats and Truuucccckkkksss!!!"
After the Boats and Trucks, we went to the mall across the street and all Bear's dreams came true when Grandpa bought him a ride on the little train there!
After our adventures, Grandpa took us to Corinne's Catfish. It's the first time I've had fried catfish and it was really, really good. The kids tried fried okra (didn't like it) and hushpuppies (gobbled them down and asked for more) and loved their catfish! Then, sadly it was time to drive Grandpa to the airport. The kids were all so sand and teary that he had to go so soon. For days afterwards, Eli would demand candy ("treats") and when I told him no, he'd say "Where Grandpa?" He still talks about "Grandpa Trains!" and Grandpa is his favorite person to "call" on his toy phone. Can't wait until the next visit!
1 comment:
Aww...it's so fun when Grandpa comes! It looks like it was a perfect weekend!
Post a Comment