Monday, October 1, 2012

EJ is 8!

It's hard to believe this pretty girl is 8!  She is truly such a joy to us. She is calm, kind and helpful. She is smart, brave and sweet. She rarely gets in trouble, and always tries to do her best.  I honestly don't feel like I deserve her!

It has been so fun to see her love of books grow this last year. She reads everything she can get her hands on, and I've had quite a job just keeping up with her!  For instance, this summer we went to the library in the morning and checked out 6 books for her. We were returning for a special summer show that night and she said "I wish I could check out more books..." I told her that as soon as she finished the ones she had, we would...  She said "But I finished them already!"  Her current favorites are the American Girl books and The New Adventures of Mary Kate and Ashley.

She is doing well in school and loves all her subjects (but lunch and recess are her favorite things about school). She made a couple of new friends this year and they love playing Harry Potter together at lunch time (she's seen the first movie, but hasn't read the books yet).   She loves learning to play the piano and is proud that she has a few songs memorized!

She is the best big sister. She is so helpful and will "watch" Bear while I make dinner or do other things. She is patient and kind (mostly) with the little kids and will play games with them, even when she wants to go and read.  Her current favorite game to play is UNO- and she got Harry Potter UNO for her birthday!

We love our girl and we're so happy she's part of our family!

Here are some flashbacks of our sweet girl through the years (not all the years, though- just ones I've blogged...)!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday EJ! Thanks for the update Mak.