Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas Eve Party

Boy, I'm really tired of Christmas posts. Lesson learned- next year keep up with them better. Let's finish Christmas up quickly, shall we?  I know you, dear readers, don't care, but I like to have the record and I'll be happy I did next year!
We were so lucky to have some of our TX "family" join us for a Christmas Eve party this year. Our friends, the Z family joined us, as well as Miss Kayla, our friend from Church.  We had lots of good appetizer food- meatballs (need to make double next time!), sausage Bisquick balls, chips, salsa, queso and guacamole, and I  forget what else!
After eating and eating and eating, it was time for DMP to read the Christmas story to his very reverent and attentive audience... They paid enough attention to participate in the next part- the annual Nativity play.  We bustled about to put costumes together for everyone.
Bear came up with his ensemble all on his own. It's a little bit Hef and a little trannie.  Nice.
Here we have the Wise Men and Angel visiting baby Jesus (played marvelously this year by Soccer Ball Team, the Cabbage Patch).  Joseph is rocking a beard and sippy cup.
The full cast of our merry play. It was our best yet and a lot of fun!
Then Miss Kayla entertained the kids with a mad-libs-like game while we prepped the dessert- we had amazing pumpkin dessert, soft ginger snap cookies, and chocolate fondue (courtesy of the 10 lb Chocolate Bar).  It was so, so, good.
We ended the evening with a bang (or a crack, rather).  We have started a family tradition of doing Christmas Crackers on Christmas Eve. We had fun reading the jokes and wearing the fun paper hats.
We were so happy to be able to have our TX family join us for Christmas Eve! It was super fun.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love your fun...Thanks for sharing.