Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas Jammies

We didn't actually open Christmas jammies this year as a present. The girls kind of picked their own (seriously, they wanted the feety kind!) and Bear didn't really care. Aren't they cute!
 After everyone got decked out in their new jammies, we went out to drive around and look at the Christmas lights. I don't know why we didn't do it earlier in the month- it was so fun!
When we got back, it was time to leave cookies and milk for Santa.  We did not have anything for the reindeer, but we lucked out because it turns out they like raisins!
EJ wrote this note for Santa.  It says "Dear Santa, if the reindeer get thirsty, there is water in the fridge on the top shelf. It is filtered.  Try not to make a mess, my Mom thinks it is rude. Love, EJ. P-S tell the Reindeer they have to share."

In my defense, I'm not a crazy person who thinks Santa is going to mess up my house.  EJ was just hoping and thinking he'd leave a sooty boot print or something like that, and I said "I hope not- that would be very rude for Santa to come and mess up our house".  He didn't heed her warning, though. He knocked some of the fireplace sand out when he came down the chimney.  As for the reindeer sharing, that goes wayyy back to a couple of years ago when we left carrots and Santa left a note in return saying that one of them (Dasher) liked them so much he didn't want to share. Now he gets an annual reminder from EJ to share with his buddies :)

1 comment:

CKW said...

I love your kids! That picture at the top is awesome :-)