Thursday, February 28, 2013

Be Mine

The girls were excited about passing out their valentines this year. EJ decorated her own bag (above) all by herself!
Birdy gave out Tinkerbell valentines with lollypops. 
EJ gave out cute cards of kittens and puppies. The animal picture changed as you moved the card. Pretty neat. I thought it was funny that this year both girls were concerned about giving out "girly" Valentines to the boys in their class. I had to explain that they boys will be giving them "boy" Valentines, so they shouldn't worry. 
We were going to have a Valentine play group brunch and pass out Valentines, so Bear got his very first valentines. He loved them SO much.  DMP and I folded them and taped 2-yr-old friendly candy inside. He woke up and was APPALLED.  This face says "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!"  We had to unfold and un-tape all of them before we could move on with getting the girls ready and off to school.  He was so attached to them, in fact, he couldn't bear to give them away to any of his friends (don't worry, I still handed out the candy).  I guess now we know why 2 yr. olds don't exchange Valentines!
Here is a shot of our play date. I think we had a record 16 kids at my house (plus their awesome Mommies!)
I'll say one thing for Mormon Mommy parties- we sure know how to eat. This is even before more of the yumminess arrived. Also, note the bowl of melted chocolate. The giant chocolate bar rides again!
I had to share this picture of baby J in the mother of all cute baby ruffle-butts!
This was the "baby carrier parking lot".  I think there are 6 (?).  This is what happens when 9 babies are born in the ward in a 6 month period...  It also means lots of lovely newborns to squish and love and then give back to their Moms.
We got lucky and had some extra friends over for Valentine dinner. We had pink waffles, deviled eggs and strawberries. A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

CKW said...

You forgot the super special part where I called you from the airport to make you drop everything and look something up online for me. I considered it a Valentine to me from you. ;-) You are awesome. I'm officially passing my holiday torch to you. I'm too tired these days!