Saturday, March 2, 2013

True Love

We like to celebrate and emphasize Valentine's day as a day to celebrate family & friend love (vs. romantic love).  The idea is that perhaps the kids will grow up with a wider concept of celebrating it and maybe be less disappointed overall. It seems like everyone- single, not single, etc.- ends up disappointed at Valentine's day because of their expectations. But I digress....

I'm cheap and we had a crazy day on the actual Valentine's day, so we decided to celebrate on the 15th instead. This was great because it was a) a Friday, and b) I could get all kinds of Valentine goodies for the kids at 50% off! It was such a good idea, I'm totally doing it every year!  It also allowed me to score the super-cute Thomas shirt Bear is wearing above for $2.50.  I hear Ralph's voice every time I read it, though.
We had our traditional fondue dinner. I have a new goal to have every holiday dinner table look as though we are drinking booze, so we added some sparkling cider :)  Also, note the "love" card right by the flowers. Birdy made that at school!
After the cheese course, the kids got their Valentine's from Grandma and Grandpa K. They were thrilled. DMP and I (who am I kidding *I*) got the girls small Barbies.
After gifts, it was time for some family Lego-ing.
I bet you can guess what came next!  It was Bear's favorite course!
This is Bear's Valentine from Mommy- his name is Monkey George. He has been carried around ever since and periodically I am commanded to give him a hug, or change his bum.

1 comment:

Kate said...

So cute. One day we'll have to get Monkey George to meet George the Monkey. They'd probably get on really well. :)