Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Funny Kiddos

Bear came in from playing outside in the water for a long time. He showed me his fingers and said "My fingers are all mumbled!" (he meant wrinkly)

Bear squished a bug on the way to the car as we were going to McDonald's for lunch.  As I was strapping him in he says "Bye bye dead bug! You can't come to McDonald's with us! You can't play on the slide!"  Guess he decided to add insult to injury (rim shot!).

Birdy calls corn on the cob "Corn-a-ba-cob"

 EJ was telling us about a school picture she drew.  They were given a letter, and they had to draw a picture that was a puzzle-like hint to what the letter was.  Example: The letter Q and the picture is of a duck, because a duck Quacks. Get it?  So she was telling us that she had the letter A.  We said "What did you draw?"  She replies "A roller coaster".  I thought that surely she meant because people scream "Ahhhh!!" on a roller coaster and was congratulating myself in my head for the intelligence that she surely got from ME.  I said "Oh, that is so clever! Because people scream "Ahhhh" on roller coasters?" She replies, "No, because they are awkward."  Oh.  As a side note, she uses the word "awkward" a lot and I don't think it means what she thinks it means :)

2 comments:

janemkinsel said...

I think I have that alphabet book.

Tennille said...

Maybe you should give her a list (very short, like 4 words)of words to define, and have it on the list. Than report back to us.