To kick off our "Day of fun in Heber", we decided to try some Heber kolaches. Yes, folks, the "special" treat I reserve for people visiting us in TX can now be purchased in our hometown. Awesome- just one more reason to NOT visit us. But for the record, they were yummy, but not as fluffy as the ones we get in West (be still my heart) or near our house. So there.
After breakfast, the TX and CA cousins piled into a couple of cars and went off to the State Park to feed some ducks and geese. These city kids had a blast and loved feeding them.
Then we went into the visitor's center to learn about the animals and rocks around the State Park. The favorite exhibit by far was the "learn their footprints and poop" display. It was gross/awesome.
Then we went to the Homestead to hike up to the top of the crater. My stair-loving boy decided that it was too hot to climb stairs and insisted I carry him. Bek wisely stayed at the bottom with the little girls.
I love that the crater now has this bridge with the mesh-metal bottom so you can look right down into the crater. I can't tell you how much of my child and young adulthood I spent wondering what it would look like to do that!
He saw this statue and immediately did this. I love this boy- SO MUCH!
Next we went to take in the view on top of Memorial Hill. Naturally, when faced with the top of a hill with beautiful scenery, you yell "MOOOOOO" as loud as you can to the cows below.
Look! Beautiful kids and Mt. Timp!
Bek took the little girls home and I took all 5 (!) big kids to round out our trip at the "Train Place" a.k.a Dairy Keen for ice cream and to play on their train table. It was a fun morning in my home town!
Funny story- It was a little chaotic getting all 5 kids herded into the Dairy Keen and taking their various orders. I must have looked a little flustered (and like they all belonged to me) because 2 different couples let me go in front of them to order. Awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment