Last year, DMP and I really wanted to attend a live session at the Salt Lake Temple, but it was closed. We lucked out and DMP *barely* made it to UT in time this year. Our awesome niece Nichole and her husband Kris agreed to watch the kiddos so we could go.
We dropped the kids off with just enough time to spare to get parked and to the temple for the session (they only go every hour). We rushed to the temple and I discovered that I had left my recommend in the car!!! DMP went all the way back and we barely missed the session by about 5 min :(. As we were running late, I told DMP that if we can't make it to the session, I'd like to do initiatories. After I was changed and realized I had missed the session, I tried to find him to coordinate. I must have just missed him because he did the same thing- and even sent someone into the dressing room to find me.
I figured we'd already kind of talked about what we were doing and I'd just meet him in the celestial room after. I did two sets of names and he only did one and didn't think to go to the celestial room :) So our long-awaited trip to the temple together was kind of a bust. That's OK, though. I've been feeling like I needed to do initiatories for a long time now and I was really glad I did!
After the temple we went back to Nich and Kris' place to get our kiddos. We wanted to take them out for lunch and we were THRILLED when Kris suggested Ethiopian. We LOVE Ethiopian food- it was one of our favorite places in AZ. As a bonus, Kris served part of his mission in Ethiopia, so he could tell us all about the food and culture and his mission stories.
The food was abundant and AMAZING. I just kept eating and eating- it tasted so good and I didn't have any room left in my stomach! The kids liked it a lot, too. EJ didn't care for the injera (sour bread you see in rolls and what all the food is on in the pic- think sourdough pancake/crepe hybrid) but she really liked everything you are supposed to eat it with :). Bear really liked the white cheese, pureed chickpeas and spinach stuff. Birdy ate everything in sight and loved eating it with her hands. It was my favorite meal in a long time and the company was the BEST. I can't wait for next year! Also- if you are in UT you should go. I forgot the name of the place, but I still have the card or maybe Nichole will put it in the comments :)
After lunch, it was off to see Uncle Don and Aunt Suzanne in IF. Apparently the formula for a peaceful drive involves tons of injera and Rasta music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Being at the park and going for a walk may have contributed to your peaceful drive as well.
For those who may be interested here is the info for the Ethiopian restaurant: Mahider Ethiopian Restaurant and Market, 1465 S. State St., Salt Lake City, (801)975-1111.
Post a Comment