Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Priceless


On Day 2, we woke up to ominous-looking grey clouds. We were (stupidly) confident in the weather reports we'd seen a few days earlier that said the only chance of rain on our trip would come Thursday and it was only small. Live and learn!

The rain started shortly after we got to the park and POURED for a couple of hours. Fortunately, we were at the Princess Faire, which is covered and takes a while. We missed the worst of it. We were then lucky to have a rain break for a couple of hours before it started up again.
And boy- when it started again, it was steady, cold and wet. It did clear out the park very effectively and we walked on a bunch of rides. Soon it started to feel like water tourture with all the cold rain dripping into our faces, so we decided to head to California Adventure and hit every indoor show we could. It was a good opportunity to get dry and still have fun!
The girls were such troopers about the rain. Birdy seemed to actually be having fun with it- jumping in puddles and refusing to put her poncho hood on. EJ was less enthusiastic, but she still had lots of fun. After about 6, the rain stopped for good and we headed back to Disneyland where the place was very quiet. We walked on Peter Pan 3 times (just because we could!).
So to summarize:
Hotel and Disneyland tickets- ~$750. Ponchos purchased in the park -$36. Enjoying the day in spite of the downpour? Priceless!









5 comments:

JM said...

Hey, I have a whole bag full of Disneyland ponchos--I should've sent them with you!

Trading crowds for rain sounds good to me! So glad it didn't put a damper on the girls' spirits!

Kate said...

Wow, that is one wet Disneyland. Glad to hear the girls were such troopers!

I'm loving these updates!

CKW said...

The first year we took Sam, it poured and we also spent far too much money on ponchos, but every year since I have come fully prepared with rain gear and not a drop. Next time come prepared and it wont rain!

Although, I have to say every year I am a little disappointed when it doesn't because I actually like rainy disneyland! :-)

CKW said...

By the way, we miss Chester. There are all kinds of crumbs under the high chair and no doggie to clean them up for me.

dmphilips said...

I'm sure Chester misses those crumbs. Wren just doesn't drop food like she used to.