Sunday, February 28, 2010

Update- 18 Weeks

A lot of people have emailed/commented asking for pregnancy updates. Lucky you guys- I have blog-block and thought I'd post something letting you know how things are going.

I'm not sick at all anymore. I was never that sick, but worse than I was with Birdy so it is nice to be done with that. I still get super-tired mostly on the weekends. I think that has as much to do with recovering from my busy work week than anything.

I'm feeling the baby kick more and more- just little ones. Funny how it starts out a cute and little but before too long I'll be barganing for a break from it! I bet there is a parenting metaphor in there some where, but I'm too lazy to sort it out.

I've also had more cravings this time than with the other two. I want things like chicken legs, those frosting-covered animal crackers, raw tuna, In-n-Out Burger (every Sunday after church- Curses!), "real" mashed potatos and gravy, Carl's Jr. milkshakes, and spaghetti. It's all mostly good things (well, I don't know about the burgers and cookies but whatever) so I indulge if it is reasonable.

So I'm feeling pretty great these days. People keep telling me I'm not very big, or that I don't look pregnant. For the most part I take this as a compliment, but I really would rather look pregnant than like I'm just getting fat!

We have our ultrasound on the 19th (day after Birdy's birthday) and we'll definately find out what we're having. I'm feeling boy (Bek- any feelings from you? You are pretty accurate!), Birdy insists its a girl. DMP wants a boy too. I think mostly because it is different. What do YOU think we're having?

5 comments:

JM said...

Boy. Because you and Cyndi are the opposites and that has to still continue...boy/boy/girl and girl/girl/boy.

older but wiser said...

We need more boys...our last one will be 4 in July. But...girls are our specialty. Then again you do girls hair so great!

CKW said...

I'm thinking you will have either a boy or a girl. One of the two...

Bek said...

Yeah, and Jen and I are the same..girl/boy/girl (and Jen if you ever have another one, it will be a girl!! :-)) Kate, the jury is still out on you for your pattern.....

I think that we have a serious deficit of boys in the cousin pool...so boy would be fun.. but I am not getting a read on you. I think I might have lost my super powers..right around the same time I lost my mind....

Kate said...

Wait, didn't Bek leave a comment? Or was that just a strange and wonderful dream?

I hope it's a boy, but you guys do girls so well, I think either would be great!