Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

Boy- it was a cold Easter this year. We decided to give "public" Easter Egg hunts one more try. We went to Thanksgiving Point which cost $$ but offered age-divided hunts, plus the bonus of games, bouncy houses, face painting and all manner of extra fun things.

We just confirmed what we learned last year at the free public hunt... Easter Egg hunts just tick DMP and I off. When parents are shoving three-yr-old kids aside to collect plastic eggs with the cheapest of the cheap candy inside, you know there is something wrong in the world. Saturday's prize winner was a dude in a BYU cap gathering armfuls of eggs to "help" his four-year-old. They filled her basket and his arms were stuffed with as many as he could carry. Nice. Anyone for a neighborhood/family hunt next year?!?
Fortunately, the girls didn't notice the awful adults and had fun running out and gathering the eggs. Here they are with their spoils. As you can tell by how bundled they are, it was stinkin' cold. So cold, in fact, that we decided to call the rest of the Easter-themed activities a bust and head to the dino museum.

Unfortunately, our visit to the Dino museum was cut short. I was having some painful cramping that didn't go away, so after a call to my Dr., our afternoon was spent in L&D at the hospital. Not fun :(. Fortunately (?) they didn't find anything wrong- no pre-term labor (thank goodness) or other causes of the pain. I was sent home after a couple of hours feeling much better and almost pain-free and I feel fine today. I'm glad that everything is all right (or at least not wrong) but you can't help feeling like a dork for having to go in for "no reason".

The Easter bunny was very afraid of leaving out candy overnight at our house. Our dog is lazy and has a tiny brain, but he can be creative and crafty if there is people food involved! Fortunately, he didn't get caught and the girls were pleased with their haul. EJ got the new Barbie movie and Birdy got a new game. She is so into playing games these days! They were also introduced to Peeps. EJ loved 'em, but Birdy didn't even finish one (go figure!).
Grandma, Brad and Jeff joined us between confrence sessions for an Easter lunch. We had ham, twice baked potatoes, strawberry spinach salad and rolls. EJ continued her pork-loving streak and had 2-3 servings of ham and then asked for more. It was fun to hang out and visit with Grandma and the Boys!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think you just can't get a cute Easter Bunny outfit. All the ones I've seen of grown ups in Easter Bunny costumes are creepy looking.

But it sounds like you guys had a good time and I'm glad the cramps weren't anything to worry about. Did you get another peek at the boy? Was he wiggling or sleeping?

Sounds like a good Easter overall!

older but wiser said...

Such awful Easter weather! Great memories. Love the pictures.