Friday, April 2, 2010

What's going on at our house...

EJ can now tie her shoes all by herself. Hurrah for her! Kudos to DMP for teaching her!

Birdy went to her 3 yr. old check up today. She is above the 95th for height (still) and healthy and happy. Dr. B was particularly taken with her verbal skills. Birdy P- impressing doctors since 2007.

EJ has graduated to the "red" reading books at school. This means she can read multiple sentences on a page and handle words that have two vowels.

Birdy now has a magic wand (green unsharpened pencil) and Super Skill shoes. As nearly as I can tell, the wand can only turn people into princesses (but not Mom, apparently) and the Super Skill shoes run really, really fast.

DMP got his application in to the U and rocked his GMAT (esp. because he took it with only 2 weeks of study). Now we wait. He is also considering applying to the Y for the Spring Semester. Gotta at least look into the top 10 Accounting school at our door step :)

I'm still preggo, but feeling fine. I'm occasionally freaked out by the "boy" thing. There is something every day that I realize will be "different" with a boy that I thought I'd get out of. You know- boy scouts, what does he wear for his blessing?, circumcision?, and the fact that 9 out of 10 dumb, dangerous things they show people doing on America's Funniest Video is being done by teenage boys.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, that's all pretty good news. I think grad school is a great idea for DMP, especially since the job hunt isn't going great. He'll have lots more contacts and opportunities.

I think Birdy and EJ are about the most talented girls around. I love hearing updates about them.

I also think boy things would be something to take in, after having had only girls. You'll do fine. I'm so excited for you!

older but wiser said...

At least baby Bear won't have 5 older sisters to indoctrinate him!

Bek said...

boys start doing dumb, dangerous things early. By the time they are teenagers you are used to it.