Much to my short-lived embarrasment, I don't remember the initial offense that led to this artwork. EJ wanted something, and I did not let her have it. You'll just have to trust me when I say that it was small, not-particularly important, and I was 100% correct.
She was so upset that she went to her room and packed her bags to run away. In addition, she created some artwork to demonstrate how she felt at the time. Here is Daddy meanly telling EJ "NO".
The top section of the next page shows Daddy thinking about how happy he is with Birdy, (on the left) and about telling EJ "NO" some more. The lower drawing is of EJ thinking on the left about how mean Daddy was to her, and on the right about how happy the family is now that she has run away.
Yet another drawing recalls a recent visit to Idaho. It shows our whole family including baby brother. Below that are Charlie, Grandma, Papper, Cody, and cousins Michael and Hailey. This one was for her to take with her in order to remember her family and the good times.
Ultimately, she didn't run away. Her mean parents said "NO."
3 comments:
She is channeling sam! I have a file full of pictures of me or 'I love you's' that have been X'd out. Funny to see what goes on in their little heads :-)
I love this post!
Isn't is great that little ones able to express their feelings through art. Tells us so much.
I'm glad you said NO,, both times.
Post a Comment