Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of School!


Thanks to everyone who voted for EJ's first day of school outfit. It was a fun project for her to tally the votes each day last week. As you can see, Option C narrowly beat out the second Option D as the outfit of the day!


In our family, you can pick whatever you want to eat for breakfast on the first day of school. Growing up, that meant some of my siblings had steak or shrimp. I usually picked a nice everything bagel with veggie cream cheese. EJ picked Pop Tarts, a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, OJ, and a brownie. I did tell her she could have anything, so I think I got of easy- this year at least!


Her first day went well. It got off to a rocky start when I couldn't find a parking spot to walk her to her class, but she rocked by finding it herself! (Her new school is big and there are lots of similar-looking halls- very confusing!). I also forgot to pack the knife and fork she needed, but was able to drop them off.


She had a rough lunch and we all learned something about "bringing lunch"- She had trouble opening her fruit cup and spilled the juice everywhere and between cleaning that up and going to the bathroom, she didn't have much time left to eat. We're going to simplify things tomorrow and she knows to hurry and eat!


She reported that she loves her science book and that PE was AWESOME. She didn't like recess, because "It was SOOO hot and they made us stay outside FOREVER". It probably didn't help that they didn't get to play- they just had a session to learn the playground rules and practice lining up and whatnot. She is super-excited to go back tomorrow and it was a great start to what should be a great year!

4 comments:

janemkinsel said...

A first day she will never forget. AS time goes by she will figure out how to solve problems such as "missing silverware.. go to the lunch counter and ask. Good for her good attitude.

Good for you too mom!

CKW said...

So, does the second place outfit get worn tomorrow? She looks adorable!

Kathy said...

She looks awesome!!!! Sounds like she got through the stresses of the 1st day. Love the excitement for school. Good job EJ and mom:)

JM said...

I'm curious about what was in the lunch that required a knife and fork? Veal cutlet? Chicken fried steak? Fancy PB&J?

Congrats to EJ on a great first day of school!