I bought a big U.S. Map and put it on the wall in our living room with stickers to show where we live, where Grandma & Grandpa and Papper live, and etc. We also have a movable "Daddy" sticker to show where he is at when he travels so we can learn a little about the states he goes to. EJ was looking at the map as she was getting ready for school. Suddenly she says "Texas isn't lonesome. Look at this state and this state and this one all around it."
I said, "Why would you think Texas is lonesome?"
She replied, "You said it was the "lonesome" state..." (get it, lonesome/lone star?)
Birdy has her own special language sometimes. Here are a few Birdy-words:
Guitar = Buh-guitar
Magnet = Mag-a-nig-it
We were driving one day and I was explaining to Birdy that she and I were going to do "Mommy and Birdy" preschool. She asked why she couldn't go to preschool like in Utah. I replied "Honey, I'm sorry, but preschool here in Texas is more expensive than we thought and we can't do it." EJ pipes up and says "Everything is bigger in Texas."
Speaking of everything being bigger in Texas- For the first couple of days as we were driving around, Birdy kept saying "The houses aren't bigger here" or "The trees aren't bigger here." I think she took us seriously when we said everything was bigger and was pretty disappointed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love this, almost like having the kids closer. Keep it up!
Very funny stuff.
I love the idea of the preschool. She can think of the name and help come up with school rules and so forth! Perfect if you can find a friend to come over, too!
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. More pix of the house, please!
They are so adorable.
Post a Comment